American Humane’s Adopt-A-Cat Month happens every June to create awareness of the millions of awesome adoptable felines looking for fur-ever homes in shelters and rescues across the country. Here’s 6 great reasons why you should consider adding a cat to your life (and lap)!
- 3.2 million carts enter shelters and rescues every year, so adopting one makes a difference!
- Most cats are very social—especially when you’re trying to work on the computer.
- Having a cat in the family can make your kids less likely to have allergies.
- You’ll never find any creature more appreciative of an empty box.
- They’re very clean and generally speaking, much lower maintenance than dogs.
- Catnip. Trust us on this one.
Looking to add a friendly feline to the family? Check out adoptables near you at Petfinder.com! (or your local shelter)