To Manage Your Practice’s Social Media
We know you’re crazy busy and finding the time to pay attention to your hospital’s social media may seem way down on the list of priorities. That’s exactly WHY you need to designate social media manager, stat!
Social media is your hospital’s most important marketing and business tool. Ignore it and you’ll likely come to regret it; doing the bare minimum is frankly a waste of time. Appointing a member of your team to handle social media is smart and much more efficient in the long term. Here’s what you should look for in a prospective social media manager:
- Knowledge about several different platforms of social media
- Current in social media trends, best practices, functions
- Excitement about your hospital’s brand and mission
- Attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to encourage team participation by sharing stories, pictures, successes, etc.
Plan to budget about three undisturbed hours per week of this employee’s time for this task with a goal of posting to all platforms at least three times per week. Your social media manager should also have access to the following:
- All hospital social media accounts with login and password info
- The iVET360 social media content site
- Permission to respond to user comments and direct messages as needed
- Monthly editorial calendar (which this person can develop with help from the iVET360 social media content site)
We also recommend that your designated social media manager have a Buffer or Hootsuite account to manage your platforms more efficiently.
Have questions or need help with your social media? Just ask—we’re social media experts and here to help!