Go live directly from your phone:
You can start a live broadcast to connect with your followers in real-time.
Start a live broadcast from the Instagram app
- Tap at the top or swipe right anywhere in Feed, then scroll to Live at the bottom.
- To add a title, tap Title on the left and enter a title, then tap Add Title.
- Tap at the bottom. The number of viewers appears at the top of the screen and comments appear at the bottom.
- You can add a comment by tapping Comment at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap a comment and tap Pin Comment to pin it so that viewers can see it more easily.
- When you’re done, tap End in the top right then tap to confirm. From there, you can tap in the top left to save it to your camera roll, or share it to IGTV.
Keep in mind that when you save your live broadcast to your IGTV or download the broadcast from Live Archive, only the broadcast is saved, and not things like comments, likes, and viewers. It may take a minute for your live broadcast to save to your phone, especially for longer videos.
Creator Studio Makes Going Live Simple While on Desktop
There are two ways to go live via your desktop.
- First open Creator Studio.
- Select GO LIVE from the HOME tab
- Select + from the come of content library tab, then select GO LIVE
- After selecting GO LIVE, you can select a page that you want it to publish to.
- Use the Post tab to:
- Choose where to post your live broadcast.
- Write a description.
- Select a camera, mic, and screen (if screen sharing).
- Add a title for your live broadcast (optional).
- Select the primary language of the stream.
- Add invisible tags to help make your stream more discoverable.
- Use the Interactive tab to add polls.
Once everything is set, select Go Live!