[HOSPITAL NAME] believes that a trip to the veterinarian doesn’t need to be a terrifying experience for your dog or cat! That’s why our doctors and staff members have completed extensive training and inspection so that we could become a certified Fear Free veterinary hospital. By using specific Fear Free techniques, we can reduce the anxiety your pet may associate with veterinary visits—and eventually, that means bringing your pet to the vet will be less stressful for YOU as well.
Fear Free training helps veterinarians modify hospital procedures, handling and facilities so that pets feel safe and more comfortable while receiving the medical care they need. Fear Free techniques include:
- Providing especially tasty “high value” treats for positive association
- The use of pheromones and / or soft music to put the pet at ease
- Non-slip surfaces for exams and treatments instead of restraints
- Gentle, species-specific handling
- Light sedation when necessary
- Separate entrances or exam areas for felines
To become Fear Free certified, all aspects of our hospital were evaluated, including culture, leadership, client education, facilities, patient visits, staff training and more. Additionally, a Fear Free Practice Certification Veterinarian performed an on-site visit where they reviewed and then ultimately approved us.
Want to know more? Just ask one of our friendly staff members—or better yet, make an appointment [TEXT LINK TO WEBSITE APPT PAGE] and experience the Fear Free difference at our hospital!