HEAD: Five Great Reasons to Spay or Neuter Your Pet Now
February is National Spay/Neuter Awareness Month/February XX is World Spay Day, and XXXX wants to encourage you to alter your pet. Here are five important reasons why.
- According to the Humane Society of the United States, between 6- 8 million pets enter U.S. animal shelters every year. Only about half are adopted, meaning the rest—mostly healthy, adoptable dogs and cats—are euthanized.
- Your pet will likely be healthier. Altered pets have less urge to roam, and spay/neuter reduces the risk of certain types of cancer in both dogs and cats.
- A better-behaved pet is often the result of spay/neuter surgery: male dogs are less prone to lifting a leg where they shouldn’t, cats are less likely to spray. Howling and fighting is usually curbed as well.
- Most counties offer less expensive licensing for spayed and neutered pets.
- XXXX is now offering [spay/neuter special] for your pet! Spaces fill up fast, so make your appointment online or by calling 999.999.9999 today!