It’s getting hot, hot, hot, and warm weather doesn’t just affect us humans! High temperatures can cause serious health problems for our pets if we don’t keep them cool. Follow these tips to keep pets safe this summer.
It’s getting hot, hot, hot, and warm weather
- Don’t leave your pet in the car, even on mild days. Vehicle interiors heat up dangerously quickly when the sun is out.
- Beware hot pavement on sensitive toes. Check pavement temperature with the palm of your hand before taking your pup for a walk.
- Don’t shave all their hair off! It may seem like a good idea to give your pet a drastic new ‘do, but their hair actually helps keep them cool by protecting them from the sun’s rays.
- Don’t over-exercise. Physical exertion is more taxing when it’s warm. Let your pet take it slow.
- Provide plenty of water at all times. Pets need to stay hydrated just like we do, and that need for water becomes more critical in the heat.