If you’re using a social media scheduling tool like Sprout Social or Hootsuite, is can be easy to get in a rut of posting the same content to all of your social media platforms. But not all content needs to be shared everywhere—or should be.
Different platforms have different audiences and algorithms, and whenever possible you should curate or at least tweak your content to maximize engagement. Research shows that the following types of content work best for each platform:
- Facebook: Videos and curated content—load them directly on to the platform for maximum engagement and shares
- Instagram: High-resolution, quality photos, motivational/inspirational quotes, Stories. The more hashtags the better
- Twitter: News—from the vet industry, your practice, local sources, urgent updates. GIFs/memes are also very popular
- LinkedIn: Jobs, practice news, and professional content
- Pinterest: Infographics and step-by-step photo guides; high-quality images
Have questions or need help with your social media? Just ask—we’re social media experts and here to help!